Remote Desktop Protocol is getting popular in the networking field as it eases out several tasks. Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is a Microsoft protocol created to aid application data to transfer security and encryption among client users, devices, and a virtual network server. It allows a remote user to add a graphical interface to the desktop of another computer.
And yes we aren’t joking! Yes, you can now start using RDP services on your smartphones.
Here is the step wise guide to remotely access any server on your smartphone:
- Go to Google Store on your android smartphone
- Type ‘Microsoft Remote Desktop’ on the search bar and press ‘Enter’
- Download the application of Microsoft Remote Desktop created by Microsoft corporation
- Open the application
- Click on the three line bar on the left of the screen to open the menu of the application
- Click on ‘User Accounts’
- Remove any already present user accounts (for example, in the video, there are two user accounts with name ‘Administrator’ and ‘bigboss’, which are deleted)
[What are User accounts? — User accounts are the saved usernames with passwords, that assists in connecting to remote PC. The user can add, edit and remove user accounts as per their choice. ]
- After removing the already present user-accounts, click on the + sign on the top right of the application screen.
- A pop-up would come with two options ‘Desktop’ and ‘Remote Resource Feed’.
- Click on ‘Desktop’ to add new User Account
- Add the relevant details on the next screen to add a User Account Successfully. [i.e. PC name (Host name or IP address), User name]
- For the username section, there would be two options ‘enter every time’ and ‘Add User Account’.
- Click on ‘Add User Account’ and then a screen will pop up which would demand the User name and its password.
- Enter the Username and Password and then click ‘Save’.
- Click Save for confirming the addition of User Account in the Desktop field too (on the top left of the screen).
- Here, you successfully added a User account to access it remotely.
- Click on the added User Account and the process of remote connection would begin
- Be patient. It would take some time to connect.
- You can now access anything on the remote desktop as you are connected to it
- Go to Google Chrome and then you can surf or download whatever you want to!
See, It wasn’t that that tough to access remote PC from your Android phone isn’t it!
So, what are you waiting for! Hop on to your Internet and search for the cheapest RDP service providers for your Android.
Here is video tutorial for more clarification :-